Blue Cedar Mobile Client technology includes the software that is added to the integrated mobile app via the Blue Cedar Platform, that is:
- The chosen integration accelerator with its enabled options.
- The Blue Cedar code that integrates the accelerator with the app.
What's new in the Blue Cedar Integration Accelerator for BlackBerry
BlackBerry Dynamics upgrade
We have upgraded the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK for iOS to 5.0 (184.108.40.206), and the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK for Android to 5.0 (220.127.116.11). See the BlackBerry release notes for more information:
Support for the ARM EABI will be removed in a future release.
BlackBerry Dynamics (Client 4.2.0)
- Browser support: The integration platform interface supports Chrome and Firefox browsers. (Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer are not currently supported.)
Limitations with integrating the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK:
- Client certificates with Android apps using WebView: If you have configured client certificates via the BlackBerry UEM, those certificates are not used by Android apps that use WebView (such as Compass) integrated with Blue Cedar. Our current integration code does not allow WebView apps to use a client certificate provided by the UEM/Connector. (BCP-1960, Android)
- ClipboardManager/drag and drop: The ClipboardManager Dynamics API is not integrated into apps since there is no 1:1 mapping to Android's ClipboardManager. Apps usually do not call the ClipboardManager directly to perform drag and drop operations. (BCP-1638, Android)
- BlackBerry Secure Network/Transport: Turning on/off Secure Network/Transport from the integration platform does not affect the integration. (BCP-704)
- iPhone ARMv7 devices: BlackBerry Dynamics does not integrate into apps on ARM v7 Apple devices (32-bit CPUs) such as iPhone 5 or 5c. (BCP-1523, iOS)
- Secure file transfer: There is currently no support for functionality to enable or disable file sharing between apps integrated with BlackBerry and apps not integrated with BlackBerry. (BCP-2001)
Documentation and technical support
This release includes online documentation. To access this documentation, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/knowledge-base/blue-cedar-platform-documentation