Blue Cedar Integration Platform enables you to integrate services into iOS and Android apps. These services are available in the form of integration accelerators—modules that you can integrate with your apps without having to write any code.
The Platform is currently available for Beta users, with either of these integration accelerators.
- Blue Cedar Integration Accelerator for BlackBerry: Use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK.
- Blue Cedar Enforce Integration Accelerator: See Related links..
Resolved in Platform 4.13.0
|BCP-2662||Platform||Retry upload via UI on failure|
If uploading an app fails, the platform UI now automatically retries up to 2 more times. In such cases, you might notice the progress bar restart.
(API users must retry explicitly.)
|BCP-2444||Platform||Return parent organization UUID||API users: Responses for the organization service now include the parentOrganizationUuid.|
|BCP-2575||Platform||Integration failure: organization UUIDs don't match||Fixed an issue where integrations might fail with "400 Bad Request" while trying to trigger a signing request.|
|SPT-1956||Platform||App scanning crashing intermittently|| Fixed an issue where requests to platform-api would intermittently respond with HTTP error 504. |
- Browser support: The integration platform interface supports Chrome and Firefox browsers. (Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer are not currently supported.)
Limitations with integrating the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK:
- Client certificates with Android apps using WebView: If you have configured client certificates via the BlackBerry UEM, those certificates are not used by Android apps that use WebView (such as Compass) integrated with Blue Cedar. Our current integration code does not allow WebView apps to use a client certificate provided by the UEM/Connector. (BCP-1960, Android)
- ClipboardManager/drag and drop: The ClipboardManager Dynamics API is not integrated into apps since there is no 1:1 mapping to Android's ClipboardManager. Apps usually do not call the ClipboardManager directly to perform drag and drop operations. (BCP-1638, Android)
- BlackBerry Secure Network/Transport: Turning on/off Secure Network/Transport from the integration platform does not affect the integration. (BCP-704)
- iPhone ARMv7 devices: BlackBerry Dynamics does not integrate into apps on ARM v7 Apple devices (32-bit CPUs) such as iPhone 5 or 5c. (BCP-1523, iOS)
- Secure file transfer: There is currently no support for functionality to enable or disable file sharing between apps integrated with BlackBerry and apps not integrated with BlackBerry. (BCP-2001)
Documentation and technical support
This release includes online documentation. To access this documentation, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/blackberry-platform-doc.
Blue Cedar Enforce Integration Accelerator
To see the release notes and use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with Blue Cedar security policies, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/platform-doc-ta.