Blue Cedar Platform enables you to integrate services into iOS and Android apps. These services are available in the form of integration accelerators—modules that you can integrate with your apps without having to write any code.
The Platform is currently available with either of these integration accelerators.
- Blue Cedar Accelerator for BlackBerry: Use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK.
- Blue Cedar Secure Edge Accelerator: See Related links..
What's new in the Blue Cedar Accelerator for BlackBerry
The Blue Cedar Accelerator for BlackBerry now includes the option to enable AppConfig for BlackBerry UEM. See https://apollo.bluecedar.com/blackberry-platform-doc for more information
Resolved in Platform 4.19.0
|BCP-3390||Platform||Error loading organizations as a company admin||Fixed a bug where organizations tab under administration as a company admin failed to load|
|BCP-3231||Platform||Allow overlay for organizations||Added the option to set a custom overlay icon at the organization level under Administration > Organization > App Settings. Blue Cedar accelerator users can still provide a custom overlay icon in an app security profile, using the App Customization policy.|
|BCP-2711||Platform||Confusing login emails||Updated emails sent by the platform (new user confirmation, change password, and so on) to include the username of the relevant account.|
Resolved in Mobile Client 4.5.0
|SPT-2033||Android||App crashes on launch after enrollment||Fixed an issue with our interception of SQLiteCursor class regarding the getWindow() method. This was causing a certain class of apps to crash.|
|BCP-3387||Client||App fails to integrate||Fixed an issue during integration where the okhttp-urlconnection library was not properly recognized as already being present in the app, and an extra attempt to add the library caused integration to fail.|
- Browser support: The integration platform interface supports Chrome and Firefox browsers. (Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer are not currently supported.)
Limitations with integrating the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK:
- ClipboardManager/drag and drop: The ClipboardManager Dynamics API is not integrated into apps since there is no 1:1 mapping to Android's ClipboardManager. Apps usually do not call the ClipboardManager directly to perform drag and drop operations. (BCP-1638, Android)
- BlackBerry Secure Network/Transport: Turning on/off Secure Network/Transport from the integration platform does not affect the integration. (BCP-704)
- iPhone ARMv7 devices: BlackBerry Dynamics does not integrate into apps on ARM v7 Apple devices (32-bit CPUs) such as iPhone 5 or 5c. (BCP-1523, iOS)
- Secure file transfer: There is currently no support for functionality to enable or disable file sharing between apps integrated with BlackBerry and apps not integrated with BlackBerry. (BCP-2001)
- Xamarin certificates: Xamarin HTTP traffic is not sent to the BlackBerry HTTP client. (BCP-2719)
Documentation and technical support
This release includes online documentation. To access this documentation, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/blackberry-platform-doc.
Blue Cedar Secure Edge Accelerator
To see the release notes and use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with Blue Cedar security policies, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/secure-edge-doc.