Blue Cedar Integration Platform enables you to integrate services into iOS and Android apps. These services are available in the form of integration accelerators—modules that you can integrate with your apps without having to write any code.
The Platform is currently available for Beta users, with either of these integration accelerators.
- Blue Cedar Enforce Integration Accelerator: Use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with Blue Cedar security policies.
- Blue Cedar Integration Accelerator for BlackBerry: Use the Blue Cedar Platform to integrate apps with the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK.
The Mobile Client technology includes the software that is added to the integrated mobile app, that is:
- The chosen integration accelerator with its enabled options.
- The Blue Cedar code that integrates the accelerator with the app.
Anything with a is new with Platform 4.7.x / Mobile Client 4.0.5.
What's new in the Integration Platform
Status per page
The Status option only shows task status for apps on that page, rather than all the apps on the platform.
Deletion prompt confirmation
When deleting apps, users, organizations, or profiles, you are prompted for confirmation.
What's new in the Integration Accelerator for BlackBerry
Blue Cedar Platform 4.4+ allows you to enable these BlackBerry Dynamics policies for your integration:
- Secure storage
- Browser support: The integration platform interface supports Chrome and Firefox browsers. (Safari, Edge, and Internet Explorer are not currently supported.)
Limitations with integrating the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK:
- Client certificates: Our current integration code does not allow an app to use a client certificate provided by the UEM/Connector. (BCP-1812, Android)
- iPhone ARMv7 devices: BlackBerry Dynamics does not integrate into apps on ARM v7 Apple devices (32-bit CPUs) such as iPhone 5 or 5c. (BCP-1523, iOS)
- ClipboardManager/drag and drop: The ClipboardManager Dynamics API is not integrated into apps since there is no 1:1 mapping to Android's ClipboardManager. Apps usually do not call the ClipboardManager directly to perform drag and drop operations. (BCP-1638, Android)
- BlackBerry Secure Network/Transport: Turning on/off Secure Network/Transport from the integration platform does not affect the integration. (BCP-704)
- Java SQLite: SQLite interception is not functional yet on Android. Apps using SQLite do not write/read encrypted data. (BCP-1623, Android)
Resolved in Platform 4.7.0 / Mobile Client 4.0.5
Organizations and users
|BCP-1901||Platform||Creating new sub-organization returns success but does not actually create it||Creating new sub-organization works as expected.|
|BCP-1858||Platform||Error updating org as company admin||Updating Organization as Company Admin now does not cause errors.|
|BCP-1846, BCP-1562||Platform||When a channel admin tries to create a new company, the system shows an error, but if the page is reloaded, the company appears.||Creating a new company no longer shows an error on creation.|
|BCP-1825||Platform UI||Other orgs disappear after deleting an org||Fixed issue when organizations would getting hidden after deleting or adding a new organization|
|BCP-1859||Platform||Unable to delete organization.||Organizations can now be deleted.|
|BCP-1711||Platform||Deleting an organization leaves users of that organization orphaned.||Deleting an organization now deletes orphan users in that organization, so that usernames/emails can be reused.|
|BCP-1736||Platform||After password reset, can no longer log in||Fixed a rare bug that prevented some users from logging in after resetting their password.|
|BCP-1804, BCP-1805||Platform||Users can edit users with higher level roles.||Users can no longer edit, reset passwords, or delete users with a higher level role.|
|BCP-1712||Platform||Invalidate user session immediately||If a user's role or permission has changed, been disabled, or been deleted, the user session is immediately invalidated.|
|BCP-1928||Platform||Any administrator type should not be able to access or change themselves or others to roles above their current level.|
Updated validation to prevent a user with any role to modify another user account which already has a higher role, for example, a Company Admin trying to downgrade a Blue Cedar Admin.
Updated another validation to prevent a user with any role to assign a role higher than its own role to itself or another user, for example, a Company Admin trying to upgrade a Company User to a Channel Admin.
|BCP-1918||Platform||Default accelerator and permissions on organization creation||By default, module and policy permissions for new organizations is now false; it is up to the organization that created it to grant permissions.|
|BCP-1920, BCP-1932||Platform||When a user (Blue Cedar Admin or Channel Admin) tries to edit the accelerator, the system shows an error||Fixed an issue where duplicate accelerators were not validated.|
Policies and accelerators
|BCP-1763||Platform||The user should not see policies in a disabled integration accelerator.||The user no longer sees the policies in disabled integration accelerators.|
Apps and integration
|BCP-1776||Platform||Buttons to upload files are not working in Firefox.||Upload buttons now work in Firefox.|
|BCP-1670||Platform||Re-integrating failed app doesn't update status.||Status indicator that shows background tasks in progress is now updated with correct pending tasks.|
|BCP-1630||Platform||App version and internal version for Android should be reversed.||Fixed a bug where Android version and internal version were displayed in reverse on app cards.|
|BCP-1000||Platform||"Uploaded by" field does not display username.||"Uploaded by" fields now show on app cards.|
|BCP-1795, BCP-1796||Platform API||Query for task status per app||Added the ability to query signing and integration tasks by appUuid and overallStatus.|
|BCP-1884||Android N||App crashes on Samsung S6||Fixed a crash for certain apps on Samsung devices.|
|BCP-1866, BCP-1815||iOS||BlackBerry Easy Activation doesn't work with wildcards in provisioning profiles||Added support for Easy Activation with wildcard provisioning profiles.|
Documentation and technical support
This release includes online documentation. To access this documentation, see https://apollo.bluecedar.com/blackberry-platform-doc.