Each list item in the App List is a logical container or folder where you can group together different versions of an app, the corresponding workflow, and associated workflow runs. The logical container is considered an App.
Each app can contain multiple mobile app binaries—for example, both iOS and Android versions of the same mobile app, or updated releases of the mobile app. After you run a workflow, the workflow run provides access to the enhanced or integrated versions of the mobile app.
To create a new app:
- Start at the App List screen (click Apps from the main menu on the left).
- Click Add an App. The Add an App dialog asks for an initial app binary file and a name for the app. You can also create an App (container) without uploading a file at this point, and add an initial app later via manual upload or an Import extension.
- When you choose a mobile app binary file, the file is uploaded to the platform and processed. This initial processing detects basic information about this app file, such as its mobile platform and software build number, whether it is an original binary or integrated binary, and its App ID.
The new App appears in the App List. Click on the App Name to see the App Versions page with "App List / App Name" displayed across the top. The App Versions page lists all versions of the app and is the main control page for an App and its workflow.
To add another binary to the app:
- Starting from the App Versions page, choose Actions > Upload Version.
- If you plan to deploy both iOS and Android versions of the app, you can add both iOS and Android app binaries to the same App and create a single workflow to handle both.