Android: Collecting device logs
To collect logs from an Android device for Blue Cedar support to troubleshoot, follow these steps:
- Download the Android SDK from http://developer.android.com/sdk/
- Extract the adt-bundle file.
- On the Android device from which you will extract logs, enable Developer mode by repeatedly tapping on the "Build Number" field in device settings > About.
- Navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options and enable "USB Debugging."
- Connect your device to your PC/Mac. Note: Windows may require specific device drivers.
- Open a terminal (Mac, Linux) or a command prompt (Windows), and navigate to the SDK tool's "platform-tools" directory.
- Execute the Android Debug Bridge tool with the logcat option and debug parameters, writing the data to a text file:
./adb logcat "*:D" > adb_log.txt
adb logcat "*:D" > C:\adb_log.txt
- To clear the log:
./adb logcat -c
Reproduce the issue, and stop the logging process by using Ctrl-c in the shell/command prompt.
Locate the log file (adb_log.txt) and send to support.