Organization and platform administrators can manage users for an organization, which includes creating and deleting users, as well as resetting passwords if needed.
You must have a user account in order to perform any tasks on the platform, such as:
- Enable and administer extensions
- Configure and run workflows
- Manage apps
- Progress an app through any stage of the workflow
- Download apps from the platform
To navigate to the user management page, log into the platform. Choose Organization from the main menu, and then Users.
Creating new users
For all new users, set up their email address and password.
- Select Add New User.
- Enter a username and email address. This username must be at least 8 characters, and cannot be changed later.
- Select the user role.
- Click Create.
The platform sends email from firstname.lastname@example.org to the user with a link to create an account password. The user has 12 hours to complete this update.
If a user has forgotten a password or has let a password request timeout, an organization administrator can generate a new password email.
- Click the arrow next to the username, and choose "Reset Password."
The platform sends email from email@example.com to the user with a link to update the account password. The user has 12 hours to complete this update.
When you delete users, they can no longer log into the platform.
- Click the arrow next to the username, and choose "Delete User."
- Confirm (or cancel) the request. The platform does not send confirmation email.
App and workflow data is managed at the organization level, so deleting users does not remove any work they may have done.