Using the Blue Cedar Platform
The App List screen is a general landing page, with features found throughout the Blue Cedar Platform.
- Your company or organization's logo or icon displays in the upper left. You can change this file from the Organization screen, available through the left menu.
- Left menu navigation has links to all the main functional areas in the Blue Cedar Platform: Dashboard, Apps, Organization, and configuration screens for each of the extension groups.
- Alerts menu on the upper right for things like workflow runs completed or actions required.
- Account menu has your username, where you can sign out.
- Help menu has links for Platform documentation, Blue Cedar Support, opening a support or help ticket, and the Blue Cedar Platform version that you're currently running.
- Click on an App name to open the App Versions screen, where you can create and manage the workflow associated with this App.
Note that the Help menu opens to the Help page associated with the screen that you are currently viewing.
The App Versions screen shows a few more important user interface features.
- When you navigate to the App Versions screen from the App List screen, the left navigation menu options change to show Import (for GitHub or GitLab integration) and activity logs related to workflow runs for the selected App.
- In the upper left, breadcrumbs with clickable text show the path back to the main screens. In this example, click on "App List" to return to the previous screen.
- Buttons like the Action button with triangles contain further menu-based options.
- The Workflow button on the App Versions screen brings up the Workflow Builder. See Using the workflow builder for more information.
- Hovering over an icon or piece of text often shows a Tooltip with additional information. Sometimes the Tooltips are clickable.
User interface conventions – highlights
The Blue Cedar Platform user interface is designed to be intuitive and provide on-screen hints, using a consistent visual language.
- A Gear icon indicates a configurable element such as a workflow steps or a Blue Cedar Extension. See Using the workflow builder and Configuring extensions for more information.
- Workflow status icons show the last state of each workflow run. Hover over an icon to see what it means.
- An Alert status icon indicates that action is required on your part, such as completing a configuration or signing profile. Hover over the icon for more information.
- Platform or OS icons appear to show the origination of an app binary or a Blue Cedar integration: Android, iOS, BlackBerry.
- Download prompts appear in certain screens where you can download a signing package or workflow run artifact such as an app binary.