Before you can start securing apps using the REST API, you must perform the following tasks:
- Create a user account. See Creating user accounts.
- Authenticate users. See Authenticating policy console users.
- Select an overlay icon. See Uploading and retrieving overlay icons.
- Obtain security certificates. See Creating a keystore (Android only).
- Obtain a provisioning file (iOS only). See About iOS Provisioning and Blue Cedar.
The following sections describe the RESTful APIs for performing these operations. For conceptual details about these tasks, see the related topics.
To set up automatic certificate enrollment and provisioning for the gateway, you need to secure the app with a Secure Microtunnel profile. For details, see Secure Microtunnel profiles (API) and app-policy/vpn-profile.